Monday 21 April 2014

Blue Moon

Blue Moon


Synopsis:

“Forget vampires,” he laughed dismissively.

“Who wants to drink blood for eternity? What we have discovered is far more seductive and a great deal more dangerous…”

When 17-year old Emily Morgan meets beautiful but strange Theo de Lucis, there is an immediate attraction between them. But what is his secret? What ancient link ties him to Emily? And what is the significance of the Blue Moon Ball?

As Emily is drawn irrevocably into the glamorous and mysterious world of the de Lucis family, so she is forced to change every perception she has ever had about life, love, aging and death. The truth is terrifying and the consequences unthinkable…

A supernatural horror story, based on society’s obsession with aging and the desire for eternal youth, Blue Moon is the first book in the ‘Blue Crystal’ trilogy…

“For all ‘Twilight’ fans who want a change from vampires, this is the book for you.”


Review:

I loved this book; once I’d started it I couldn’t put it down. The characters are easy to relate too, and Emily the main character is a sweet girl who all readers will easily warm to. 
The descriptions throughout the book paint a vivid picture for the reader and while reading I felt absorbed into the village in which it was based. 

The storyline was like nothing else I have ever read, but this is probably one of the best things about this book- it is completely original and draws you in. 
The suspense throughout kept me gripped and the way the author kept me guessing had me rushing towards the end!
The ‘de Lucis’ family, despite their many secrets and flaws, give this book an element of glamour and class, and I found myself wanting to read more about their past and their lives.

Despite being a ‘fantasy’ novel, the concepts within were so well written and explained that it all became very plausible; this in my opinion is the result of brilliant writing.

I will definitely be eagerly awaiting the second book in the series.

Amazon buy it link:

No comments:

Post a Comment